Author Topic: Older new guy  (Read 290 times)

nemier

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Older new guy
« on: July 16, 2019, 08:50:59 PM »
Hello,
Just got turned onto the Glacier Boats of Alaska through the Trawler Forum.
My wife and I own a Nordhavn 62  'INFINITY'  and we are presently half way through a circumnavigation.  We started from Vancouver, BC, and are now lying Airlie Beach, (Whitsundays), Australia.  However, that dream will end one day, and I'm already thinking about our time back in BC.  I cannot think of a better way to spend my time, than to build my own boat, with my own hands, and I'm thinking the 'KODIAK' seems like the one to build.  Something to burn up and down the inside passage.

I have the study plans, and will most likely order the full set of plans soon.  Have any KODIAK's been built already?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:51:52 PM by nemier »

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Older new guy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:31:06 AM »
Hello and welcome!  Glad to have you aboard .. feel free to share your adventures and circumnavigation pix and stories!

Kodiaks in construction?  I think about a dozen Kodiak Addendums have gone out the door or so, noting that the addendum has only been out for a few weeks.  One person (can't remember who offhand) is getting ramped up to build a 30-footer.  A fellow in California was early enough in his build process to interrupt it and make the changes necessary to convert his 28-foot build into a 28-foot Kodiak.  He's the first and likely will be the first to launch a Kodiak model .. Here's the thread on his project (starts as a Standard model, then converts to the Kodiak):

http://glacierboats.net/forum/index.php?topic=689.0

Ask lots of questions and dive in ... lots of experienced people here, and I try to be as responsive as possible too.  A little slow over the last few days (from me), but we were in Alaska and just got back home to Idaho day before yesterday.

Brian

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:32:51 AM by Brian.Dixon »
><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>  The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by anyone! -
 http://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

Djeffrey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »
Nemir, Ill trade you my GA when Im done for your current boat. It looks like a real scowl. 😝  that is an amazing ship. Post us some pics on your journey.

nemier

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 01:52:07 PM »
Hi Brian & Djeffery,
Many thanks for your replies and participation here.  I went ahead and ordered the full set of plans, and I'm actively scouring the internet for ALASKAN build sites.  I'm also reading the Forum, (which is a fantastic resource), currently on page 6 of 8.  All of it keeping my power dry for now.  👍  😜

Anyone interested in our current boat, can get more information on our website:   www.n62infinity.com
The site is a bit behind, but I'm currently in Vancouver (at home) and hope to bring it up-to-date.  INFINITY is now lying Airlie Beach, (Whitsundays) Australia.

Thank you for building this site - I've found a new Nirvana!

Jim_Hbar

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 02:26:13 PM »
Welcome Aboard!

PM sent.

nemier

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 08:34:30 AM »
For those interested, last week I posted our latest blog about our time in Vanuatu.
You can read about it using the link below.

https://n62infinity.com/listing/vanuatu/

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 04:32:52 PM »
I checked it out ... very nice blog!  Wish I could go there!

Brian
><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>  The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by anyone! -
 http://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>