Author Topic: What’s your favorite boat store  (Read 1585 times)

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
What’s your favorite boat store
« on: February 02, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
Hey everyone, I live in Colorado and am heading up the Oregon coast into Washington to Anacortes to rent a boat this summer. Not a lot of boat supply stores here..... go figure! Would like to know your favorite supply store up that way. Internet shopping is good but I like putting my hands on some things before buying. Looking at engines, windows, seats, electronics and anything else that goes into a GA. Thanks for your help

Dj

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: What’s your favorite boat store
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:42:39 AM »

There's not a lot of boat stores, period, I think.  Englund Marine is a reasonable store and there's one in Newport.  Their website is http://www.englundmarine.com

There's a couple of West Marine stores in Portland, but they can be a little proud of their merchandise.

Harry's Bait & Tackle is good for ... tackle, and they're on the waterfront in Newport.  I've been shopping there all my life - nice family run kind of place.  That's where you want to buy your crab rings by the way - get the  larger black ones.

There are lots of Marina type stores, at least one in every town on the beach, but I can't remember anyone in particular, so your mileage may vary.

Not much help - but I hope the above does help!  I do 99% of my shopping online nowadays (my bad).

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: What’s your favorite boat store
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »
Ya Englunds.  There is also some cabelas stores out here too.