Author Topic: Ed's boat in Perth  (Read 124213 times)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's boat in Perth
« Reply #210 on: October 05, 2018, 11:49:11 PM »
If y'all havin trouble with my photobucket link (Photobucket have changed their site quite a fear (lol) bit)
Try this - "http://s832.photobucket.com/user/Da-Edster/embed/slideshow/"
Here's a good how too - making fillets (not steaks either)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApI_YXDeGQ

Not waving....... Drowning!

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2018, 11:50:49 PM »
I just clicked the link - worked for me, there is a mobile app for Photobucket on Play & Apple sites.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2018, 08:03:49 AM »
I just clicked the link - worked for me, there is a mobile app for Photobucket on Play & Apple sites.

Thanks, Ed!  I just posted the slideshow link to our facebook page ... great use of peel ply.  People have a need to know!

On that fillet.... Nice video!

How's things in your camp?  What's the status on  your Great Australian?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
Gidday ya'll, Photobucket................ It appears they now have skin on the amount of D/L of pix from people viewing my album.
Not sure what to do here....... never keen on paying monthly fees on any web site OR software.
Prefer to own software and tools too! (not rent them)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
Ideas anyone?
Maybe I start a fakebook account called um..........
The Great Australian (lol)
Post all the album there, that way it costs suckerburg  ;D

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2019, 11:24:20 AM »

Thanks, Ed!  I just posted the slideshow link to our facebook page ... great use of peel ply.  People have a need to know!

On that fillet.... Nice video!

How's things in your camp?  What's the status on  your Great Australian?

Brian

Keep the link Brian, I love for others to view pix if it helps, maybe I could have created a channel on ewetube
Got to find another way to have them up for others...........

(might have been de-platformed as there would have had my grand daughter in there visiting poppa building a boat! as has happened to 3 channels I sub'd too with families sailing the world with comments disabled - creepy ewetube)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:26:08 AM by Ed Snyder »

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »
Hey ya ol' fart ... it's about time that we heard from you again!  Yeah ... I'm not the expert to recommend photo hosting sights.  Photos suck up a lot of disk space and bandwidth, so I'm not surprised that they charge money.  If I were you, I'd start an FB sight as you mentioned and just upload a couple of pix at a time ... tag Glacier Boats of Alaska in all of them!  Ok, but it's free anyway.... let SUCKERberg pay for it....

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
I agree, we need more pics and post from you ed?

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
New post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »
Gidday ya'll,
I got John-Paul here with me, looking at my boat lol..... saying he's 85% he's going do take it, so, Brian you got plans for the 30 ft'er around some where we can use for John-Paul?
He's looking for ideas on cockpit & cabin design, actually free-board difference from the 28 ft'er to the new 30 ft'er is whats needed, something I was going to eyeball with a sheet of 1/4" MDf.......... a texter & spray paint to change lines to look ok, and of course the cuddy headroom also to focus on...... these things I have no issue with as it is my old trade.
He's looking to clamp on 2 x 115 O/B's for simplicity in the engine & rudder engineering side, more work if installing an inboard.
Me? Well I'll looking at a 28 Ft H28 sail boat - being as I'll be on a pension soon, that Detroit or Cummins engine and $1600 of diesel fuel tank fill up on the Great Australian gonna suck up a few $$..... means setting up living under a bridge lol....

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2019, 08:08:11 AM »
Gidday ya'll,
I got John-Paul here with me, looking at my boat lol..... saying he's 85% he's going do take it, so, Brian you got plans for the 30 ft'er around some where we can use for John-Paul?
He's looking for ideas on cockpit & cabin design, actually free-board difference from the 28 ft'er to the new 30 ft'er is whats needed, something I was going to eyeball with a sheet of 1/4" MDf.......... a texter & spray paint to change lines to look ok, and of course the cuddy headroom also to focus on...... these things I have no issue with as it is my old trade.
He's looking to clamp on 2 x 115 O/B's for simplicity in the engine & rudder engineering side, more work if installing an inboard.
Me? Well I'll looking at a 28 Ft H28 sail boat - being as I'll be on a pension soon, that Detroit or Cummins engine and $1600 of diesel fuel tank fill up on the Great Australian gonna suck up a few $$..... means setting up living under a bridge lol....

Hi Ed!  Long time no hear!

Questions.... in order:

1) The Kodiak Addendum is for a 9-1/2' wide by 28' long version of the Great Alaskan - It includes info to build from 27' to 30' long

2) The Kodiak Addendum does NOT provide additional house plans - The standard Great Alaskan includes 3 that work.  If you follow the instructions in the standard GA manual, you'll build the house out wider to fit the wider hull.

3) Freeboard difference is that the Kodiak is 1/2 a foot deeper than the standard Great Alaskan - this is true inside and outside the boat.

4) Cuddy headroom is high enough to sit UPRIGHT on the bunks without the ceiling being a head-bonker, and the headroom inside the pilot house is 6' 4" (unless you raise the deck)

5) The 2 x 115's are fine for your OR my boat.  I have in the back of my mind a minor mod for the GA that'll give it an extra 200-300 lb stern capacity that I'll likely work out and publish as part of the Kodiak Addendum - it'll be the "hi-load" option, designed for those trying to fork an old Volvo sterndrive into the boat or who will need extra stern capacity, e.g. hundreds of pounds of ice and a 6-pack captain running charters - the mod gives a little more flexibility in boat loading and a new max displacement of around 8500#

Does the above help?

Brian

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2021, 03:30:05 AM »
Heck, lotta waters been under the bridge  since I was here!
Have not heard from John Paul since......
Got rid of the hull I built, now boatless :-(
Building a house with son soon, that'll keep me off the streets for a bit.
Ed

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
Hi Ed, Long time no see!  If someone else is finishing that boat out, it would be fun to know about it ... maybe see some pix?

bd

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2021, 03:50:21 AM »
Brian! Gidday, nope hull had the "marine' ply - stamped on these sheets etc, fail when rained on, 4 18mm (3/4") panels along the keel, 2 things here, leaving it too long and imported Indonesian marine ply, a hardwood too, was crap.
Needing much to rebuild, it got left - so, finally scrapping the hull a few months ago.
Heck I hated doing that, anyways it's 'water under the bridge' eh.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2021, 12:12:11 PM »

That's OK ... it was a huge undertaking.  Life gets in the way sometimes (mostly always) ...