Author Topic: Ed's boat in Perth  (Read 125285 times)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's boat in Perth
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
more
Not waving....... Drowning!

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »
She's lookin' sweet, Ed!  You might find your waterline is a bit canted towards 'stern low' ...the boat will float more horizontal than that, but then again, you might be aiming more for the on-plane attitude?  She planes 4 degrees bow-high at 21 knots... just as a point of reference.  The planing angle drops to 2.8 degrees at 40 knots, and the boat should float with about 1-1/2" bow-high trim at rest (assuming exactly the same layout that I designed into it...).  Somewhere I read that a waterline with a slightly belly to it (lower in the middle) is best looking overall since it accommodates a variety of trim angles.  Just ideas...

Brian

PS: More pix coming?  Your 'turned over' hull still looks upside down ...well, right side up to us but that's because you're on the wrong side of the planet hahaaaa

Yea real funny! lol, Well the LWL was marked wth my rotating Hilti Lazer, the hul was set up with the bearers level for'n aft & side, b4 she was marked. I hadda nuther look at the pic and she does look that way, it's an illusion Brian, getta nuther set of glasses lol, and next time put ur computer da right way up!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
Sweet!  Looks BIG now, doesn't it?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
She's lookin' sweet, Ed!  You might find your waterline is a bit canted towards 'stern low' ...the boat will float more horizontal than that, but then again, you might be aiming more for the on-plane attitude?  She planes 4 degrees bow-high at 21 knots... just as a point of reference.  The planing angle drops to 2.8 degrees at 40 knots, and the boat should float with about 1-1/2" bow-high trim at rest (assuming exactly the same layout that I designed into it...).  Somewhere I read that a waterline with a slightly belly to it (lower in the middle) is best looking overall since it accommodates a variety of trim angles.  Just ideas...

Brian

PS: More pix coming?  Your 'turned over' hull still looks upside down ...well, right side up to us but that's because you're on the wrong side of the planet hahaaaa

Yea real funny! lol, Well the LWL was marked wth my rotating Hilti Lazer, the hul was set up with the bearers level for'n aft & side, b4 she was marked. I hadda nuther look at the pic and she does look that way, it's an illusion Brian, getta nuther set of glasses lol, and next time put ur computer da right way up!

Definitely an illusion ...in the latest pic, the waterline looks dead level.  So weird how cameras can do that ...and I had 2 pairs of glasses on for extra good viewing too...

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 05:35:00 AM »
  ;D  oops   ;)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
Inside shot

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 08:36:30 AM »
here ya go

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »

Brian

yea I did paint on the antifoul higher than I guess she'll sit, see, there's boot topping to go on yet and the stuff needs to be applied when the epoxy 2 pak undercoat is finger print hard, that's kinda in about as quick as it takes to wash out the pot to get ready for the next coat.... 5 min here. the blue topping will go on the black, negating having to u/coat again, maybe a little higher - Mmmmmmm - been thunking too much on the weight of the diesel donk....

Definitely an illusion ...in the latest pic, the waterline looks dead level.  So weird how cameras can do that ...and I had 2 pairs of glasses on for extra good viewing too...

bd

Murray in N.Z.

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:21 AM »
Geez Ed  that looks a beaut waka you got there.... just got to fill in the blunt end and take er for a paddle up the Swan river.

That curved stem post just looks awesome, well worth all the fu.. mucking...  around to get it too look rite.

Guess the "fairys" musta got r turned over whilst y'all was busy skulling waipiro and not looking coz theres none of it actully happening!

Maybe y'all should offer ya services to the blokes on Camper... Vote Ed for master of resin.. Ol Chris Nicholson could do with your help keeping Camper in 1 piece for the Volvo race.

Git R Dun
Muzza.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2012, 02:15:37 AM »
Not quite sure what y'all said ...but hey, they get more illiterate the further NORTH you go.... and there's not much more north above where we're at!  Either way, the stem is awesome and so is that curved transom...

I see the markings for a stern drive (did I forget what propulsion you are using?) ...but what's with the lowered transom on either side?  Stern seats for watching the smoooooth wake that you'll have or what?

bd

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »
erm, .... well, the 'seats' are actually swin platform, not sure why, plurry great white took another bloke the other day here, bloody greenies keep sayin "well ur in their territory!" bugger off, shoot da bastards! game on!
The high bit of the transom was for the 25" outboard to hang around on, that's not happening now.... a bit sad to cut her off, thunk may use it for something I haven't invented yet, may call up Al Gore......
As for the curvie stem and tranny, just gotta keep da girl looking nautical is my thunking. And here Brian you have done the boat justice for sure.
Awe chit Muzza, I just wanna start finishing the plurry thing, gotta now replace the hydrolic lifters in da ute now, chit.... theres sat gone, leaves sunnyday, buzz off the topsides and set out the decks? or, start glassing the floors, ship, choices fir sure....
Oh yea, lol, that curve drawn on the tranny down low? was gonna be a tunnel to lift up the prop, toooo much guessing here even afta lottsa research on da goolies, px posted below to see wot eye mean.
CDKtunnel1.JPG is wot a hydromised bloke up ur way Brian drew for a guy on http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/inboards/effect-close-clearance-tunnels-gear-ratio-wheel-selection-40462.html#post500176
Proboat mag says this in "Tunnel Hull  explained - Proboat P1.jpg" & "Tunnel Hull  explained - Proboat P2.jpg" files.
Then another bloke sent my the last 4 pix of a work boat the does 20+ knows with this setup (may need to attach these pix in next lotta words

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
workboat tunnel

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile