Author Topic: Dimension questions  (Read 221 times)

DougM

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Dimension questions
« on: February 09, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »
TGIF, I am starting to put together some prints of a 28' Prince Rupert and I need some help with a few dimensions. I have attached a side view and a view of the transom and a cross section view amidships. Does anyone have the correct dimensions to compare to the ones on the attachments? I made these drawings by scaling the drawings in the plans and using dimensions that I could find in the plans, I'm not sure how close I am. I am trying to make an educated guess on the trailer dimensions. I need help on the axle location and the tongue length.

Thanks

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Dimension questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
You've got a lot of dimensions in those drawings ... which ones, in particular, would you like me to verify?  Somewhat obviously :), I have the 3D CAD models and can measure anything you'd like....

Brian  8)

The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by greenhorns -
 http://www.glacierboats.com

DougM

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »
Brian,
I am interested in verifying the dimensions on the cross section of the amidships that I have on my attached pdf print, the bow eye to transom and the CG dimension. Also, would you have a ballpark dimension on an average tongue length, from the bow eye forward, and the axles from the transom? I apologize if I am requesting too many dimensions, if so, just tell me to slow the Hell down and ask for a couple at a time! :) But seriously, I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Doug

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
Doug.. FYI, I expect to double check these dimensions this weekend, probably Saturday morning early... thanks for waiting :)

Brian
The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by greenhorns -

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:12:11 PM »

1. Cross-section at amidships (about 12' forward of stern on 26 ft hull, about 13' forward of stern on a 28' hull) - SEE ATTACHED

2. Bow-eye to (bottom of) transom:  23' 5" on a 26 ft hull, about 25' 5" on a 28 ft hull

3. Center of gravity on a 26 ft hull is about 9' forward of the transom (measured from where waterline intersects the transom at about 3" above the chine).  For a 28 ft hull, the CG is approximately at 9' 8" forward of the transom.

4. Average tongue length on a trailer - No clue.  I would look at 4000 to 6500 lb capacity dual-axle trailers online and contact the manufacturers.

5. Distance from transom to center of axles - No clue.  Same answer as #4 above.

Hope this helps!  I made a new drawing that'll help people find and fit trailers to the boat ... see attached.  (I'll add it to the plans set eventually).

Brian

DougM

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 06:43:18 AM »
Brian... very helpful.  :) Thanks for all your help.  Doug

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »
Brian... very helpful.  :) Thanks for all your help.  Doug

No problem!  Thanks waiting patiently.... :)

Brian