Author Topic: Doug from IN  (Read 152 times)

DougM

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Doug from IN
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »
Good afternoon,
My name is Doug. I live in Northeastern Indiana. I have been regularly viewing the tolman and great Alaskan forums for the past couple of years and have learned a great deal from all of the skilled builders who share their knowledge and experience.
I finally realized that I am not getting any younger and if I am going to ever build a boat, I need to do it sooner rather than later. I am interested in the Prince Rupert model, probably 28'.
The boat would see most of its use on the Great lakes, mainly Lake Michigan. I would also like to take some 3-4 day cruises on the inland waterways and possibly a few trips into salt water.
I have been around boats my whole life but never built one boat before, but I have a diverse background in machining, tool & die, carpentry and restoring antique tractors.
I'm sure I will have many questions and make my share of mistakes along the way.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Doug from IN
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »

Your background sounds like a perfect place to start!  Welcome aboard and be sure to keep us updated ... especially with pix (shop, boat, or....)

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by greenhorns -
 http://www.glacierboats.com