Author Topic: Slideshow of my GA build the Paula J  (Read 4297 times)

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
Slideshow of my GA build the Paula J
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:49:13 AM »
I have been laid up with a bone/blood infection for the last two months. I am not allowed to do much more than load the dishwasher; so in order to pass the time I have taken on several "light duty" projects, one of which is this video/slide show. I have never done one of these before so be kind.
The video runs about thirty minutes and covers my build from beginning to end. I think first time builders wil find it helpful to either get off the fence or for someone who has already started to possibly get some ideas 💡
https://youtu.be/Ok5FTV7dhrI
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Slideshow of my GA build the Paula J
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
Hang in there, sometimes life sucks as you know.  It will get better, tight lines to you!

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »
Hang in there, sometimes life sucks as you know.  It will get better, tight lines to you!
Got released by the doctor today! I see fishing in the near future...Tuna...Salmon...Ling cod!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:51:14 AM »
AWESOME!   Finally, eh?  Man, I hate being laid up ... makes me grumpy and then everyone's mad at me and you can't do anything.  Awesome to be released and back in action!  How's the tuna water?  Been keeping track, watching how close the warm water's coming in?  I haven't looked .... but this is August.  Maybe you can go get you some!

bd
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:04:32 PM »
The tuna are in, but they are running deep, no porpoising and no jumpers. Down by Brookings it is wide open though!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
The tuna are in, but they are running deep, no porpoising and no jumpers. Down by Brookings it is wide open though!

Sounds like a plan!  You've got downriggers, right?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
Never leave home without them...wife hates me to take them when we go out for dinner though  ;D

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
Never leave home without them...wife hates me to take them when we go out for dinner though  ;D

:D ;D :D ;D

kennneee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 11:59:19 AM »
Cannon-Really enjoyed your video!  Some really helpful ideas that I can adapt to my build. Thanks for taking the time to share your experince.
A couple of questions:
1). Who built your fuel tank? I am about to shop around for one.

2). Did you do anything to create fresh air ventilation for the space around the tank, batteries, bilge?

3). Thoughts in a kicker?

Hope you recover quickly?
Cheers,
Ken

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 03:26:37 PM »
Your slide show makes explanationing to the Mrs. Much simpler.   I have watched it about a dozen times!

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 07:58:23 PM »
Cannon-Really enjoyed your video!  Some really helpful ideas that I can adapt to my build. Thanks for taking the time to share your experince.
A couple of questions:
1). Who built your fuel tank? I am about to shop around for one.

2). Did you do anything to create fresh air ventilation for the space around the tank, batteries, bilge?

3). Thoughts in a kicker?

Hope you recover quickly?
Cheers,
Ken
http://coastlinemarinetanks.com
1. You don't need ventilation while you are running.
2. I open the deck plates and hatches in the off season.
3. Running offshore a kicker isn't really needed, but I will probably break down and install one eventually. When I do, I will use a bracket and link to my main.

I am moving my boat over tto Newport OR his coming Wednesday. I am hoping I can salvage at least part of my season. ;D