Author Topic: User Migration - DONE! - PLEASE READ if you've purchased plans!  (Read 166 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
User Migration - DONE! - PLEASE READ if you've purchased plans!
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:48:48 AM »

OK... It's done!  Over 300 customers have been migrated to the new website and have their download access restored!  If you're one of them, please click the 'Confirm your new account' link in the latest email that you received.

If you purchased plans AFTER August 15th, 2016 and haven't done so already, please register at our  website so I can activate your download access...

Brian

-----------------------------------

DARN! The stuff below is true, but I had to start over ...all the email confirmation links had 'localhost' in them instead of 'glacierboats.com'.  Starting over... sigh.  If/when you get another email, just follow the NEW link...

-----------------------------------

WEBSITE UPDATE: I am currently migrating users from our old website to our new.  There are approximately 600 customers getting migrated, and I can only send out 50 emails per hour (12 hours of emails), so it'll likely take a day or three to get everyone migrated into the new system.  Your continued patience is appreciated!

GOOD NEWS: You will be notified via email if YOUR user migration is about to occur.  When your user migration DOES occur, you will then receive a second email - One that asks you to confirm your new account (click a link), and gives you your login information (including temporary password).  Once you confirm your new account by clicking the link in the email, we recommend logging in with your email address and the assigned temporary password.... then change your password right away.  Note that it's an ugly password and it's not recorded anywhere, so if you mess up ...please use the 'Forgot my Password' link on the login page and follow instructions...

DOWNLOAD ACCESS: Once you confirm your account, then the Download tab at our website will automatically make all your downloads available to you whenever you are logged in... no need for me or you to do anything to activate downloads... just login and voila!  Please let me know if something isn't working right...

NEW CUSTOMERS: Customers buying plans after about August 15th, 2016 are NEW customers - You are NOT being automatically set up.  Please click the Register link at the top of our website and follow instructions.  I will activate your downloads after you have successfully registered (and confirmed your account...)

Thanks!  Everyone should be migrated into the new website by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest ... I hope :)

Brian Dixon - Owner/Designer
http://www.glacierboats.com

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:43:06 AM by Brian.Dixon »

Cannon

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • NW Outdoor Writer
Re: User Migration - In Progress - PLEASE READ if you've purchased plans!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:11:27 AM »
Steady as she goes, good to see the site back up!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: User Migration - In Progress - PLEASE READ if you've purchased plans!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 12:38:33 PM »
Steady as she goes, good to see the site back up!

Working full time, dog and wife requirements, house requirements ... it's taken awhile, but as you said ...steady as she goes :D

Now that the users are (automatically) migrating from the old to the new websites, I just need to find a back-up solution for all the work that I've done and then I can go back to ignoring maintenance for awhile :D  LOL....

bd