Author Topic: Patience please.... Our forums are funky right now... !!...ALMOST FIXED...!!  (Read 308 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
We just moved the forums from our old Apache (Linux) server to the new Windows Server/IIS server and are having troubles ...it seems that file paths or permissions are broken somehow, even though they all look correct.  We're working on it feverishly ...but until fixed, avatars and attachments and forum styling (themes) appear to be broken.  You can still post text and read all posts etc though... stay tuned!

UPDATE:  The builder's forum is nearly fixed ... I'm seeing odd behavior now and then, and am working on a fix.  Please let me know what issues YOU spot... thanks.  I will update here when it appears that all is finally well ... at least the attachments and pictures work now!

Thanks for your patience!
Brian
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:50:19 AM by Brian.Dixon »

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Nobody has seen any odd behavior, like being logged out when you come back to the page, or a dialog asking you to download a "index.php" file?

Since the forum is in reasonable shape, although not quite perfect, I've been focusing on restoring plans download for the main site and am making progress in that regard.  I expect users to be migrated from the old to new sites, and full file download access for plans owners by next Sunday or so ...as time permits.  We're still busy getting moved in and cleaning up the rental (now vacated)... everything takes time :(

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Brian

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
All here in Aussie Brian.
My android mobile/cell ph says Tapa is installed but have never found the icon or app in it anywhere. Same with few other app's I've installed according to this peice of chit they call top tech stuff.
Ah well I can still get to post via my browser....
Well done Brian. Now go fishin!
Not waving....... Drowning!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
All here in Aussie Brian.
My android mobile/cell ph says Tapa is installed but have never found the icon or app in it anywhere. Same with few other app's I've installed according to this peice of chit they call top tech stuff.
Ah well I can still get to post via my browser....
Well done Brian. Now go fishin!

...Tapatalk IS installed, but is broken for now.  I still have a couple of minor issues to fix on the forum, then it needs upgrading ...then FINALLY, I can upgrade Tapatalk and it'll be working again.  The issue with Tapatalk is that it is broken by their latest upgrade ...so I need to upgrade the plugin.  I can't upgrade anything until I fix the file related issues with the forum.  One step at a time, I guess.  My priority right now is getting plans download access added to the new web site.  Making good progress on that.  I'm nearly ready to turn it on, but have most of a day's work left before I am ready. 

Brian

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Gone fishin yet?
Not waving....... Drowning!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile