Author Topic: GA Payload Capacity  (Read 8489 times)

Easygoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: GA Payload Capacity
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 06:13:06 PM »
Hi Kent, I hope all is well with you.  Perhaps I missed it....what brand/style/etc of outriggers do you plan to run?  By the way, I have in-laws in Salem and Dallas.  Maybe sometime when I'm up there we'll have to catch up over a cup of coffee.

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 09:23:54 PM »
I am planning on using 2 1/2" Schedule 40 aluminum pipe. The floppers would be at 15 or 16 feet off the side and the chains holding the flippers will be 16' which would mean they would be running at about twelve feet in depth give or take a foot.
They actually make a huge difference offshore and don't really affect the mileage more than 1- 1 1/2 mpg, but take the comfort level through the roof. They also work while anchored in large swells.
Any time you are down this way, give me a call!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Easygoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 02:50:36 PM »
Just to circle back on a prior topic...

SeaKeeper has come out with a smaller gyro.  It may be run on 12 volt, so no added generators are needed.  Plus it's several thousand less...

Cool, eh?!