Author Topic: Project Under way.  (Read 7334 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Project Under way.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 09:48:24 PM »
Awesome!  Great to see the progress!  It's starting to look like a boat!

Brian

Easygoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
Thanks for posting!  Exciting to see other's progress.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:33 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
Little out of order...

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 09:00:04 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 08:35:34 PM »
more

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 07:38:14 AM »
Wow!  You're making great  progress and the boat looks perfect!

Brian

Cannon

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • NW Outdoor Writer
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:19 AM »
Wow, you are smoking me! Looks awesome, sure gets big when you get the sides on doesn't it?
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Cannon

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • NW Outdoor Writer
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
What kind of shed is that? I am looking to either add on a lean to or go with something like you have for storing the boat. My wife has already given me the thumbs up, so I can go ahead and do it.
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »
Thanks Brian, Its been  a blast to build this. ITS HUGE!!... Have had some small issues along they way but found fixes for them in the other posts. The two side panels didn't come together perfectly at the bow but just made them work with epoxy. We should be flipping the boat in two weeks or so, just need to get enough guys over here but with the offer of beer and fresh crab it shouldn't be too hard.

Cannon, the building is HCI buildings... if I remember right. it wasn't all that cheap but its pretty nice and has worked really well keeping dry. Could have been a bit wider only 12ft wide, its all we could do per code here in Lake Stevens Wa. grrrr...

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
Looking real good, Twisted!  You have a boat-like object!  It only gets better from here.

Cheers,  Dave in Homer

Cannon

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • NW Outdoor Writer
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »
Cannon, the building is HCI buildings... if I remember right. it wasn't all that cheap but its pretty nice and has worked really well keeping dry. Could have been a bit wider only 12ft wide, its all we could do per code here in Lake Stevens Wa. grrrr...
I built a big custom home on Mercer Island a few years back. The codes up there go above and beyond reason. A person doesnt really own the land, even though they pay through the nose for it up there... Nice looking building, I want something that I can park the boat under rather than taking up half of my shop. It is ok right now, but when it is done, I want my shop space back!

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
Oh yeah the codes here are unbelievable, they actually want me to build a 6' fence next to the building as well. For what reason I don't know its 12' tall in the center.. hahaha... I will let them warn me or make me do it before I put it in.

Mark

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 09:08:52 PM »
Brian

I do have a question... If we aren't going to be putting this boat on a beach ever (only in an emergency) do we need to  put the Strakes on the bottom on the port and starboard sides. Just wondering if they had anything to do with water flow while at speed. We plans of beaching this boat ever.