Author Topic: Motor de centro  (Read 1362 times)

luffer

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Motor de centro
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:42:37 AM »
Hello Brian, bought the design ALASKAN to give a pesquizada and just amazed by the simplicity of construction. I am Brazilian and I live in Rio de Janeiro in a region oceanica. I'm a fisherman and I need a good boat for offshore fishing and would like to build my boat with motor center. Do you have any plans for the engine installation, because I worry about the CG boat, motor and WV AP 1.9, 95 HP should weigh about 300 lb. I am looking forward for your reply to get their hands on construction. It is a strong hug. Att Luis Fernando.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Motor de centro
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
If I understand properly, you are asking about an inboard motor with a shaft that goes back to the propeller, and a rudder behind the propeller, right?  Unfortunately, this does move the motor weight too far forward for this boat design.  I know that in Brazil, that you have fuel related issues that make selecting an outboard motor more difficult than in most regions - I do not know know compatible outboards are with ethanol in fuel but I suspect that they are not.  You may want to consider using a stern drive (also called an inboard / outboard) where the motor is just inside the transom and the out drive is behind the transom in the water.  You should be able to find good diesel selections that will work for you.

Brian