Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 6097 times)

DEPTHCHARGE

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Wish list
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »
You said you were working on some other designs on the home page Brian so here's my wish list.

Sit On Top kayak(s). A long one with a narrow beam for speed for touring or getting out to the nearshore oil rigs. A short/wide one for stability- easy to stand up on and one in the middle lots of rocker to get through the surf (and back). Keep the carrying capacity 400+ lbs with all of them with in hull rod storage, a dashboard to mount accessories, and milk crate in the back.

A trailerable houseboat. 30ft range. Mothership for the kayaks ;D Make the roof a patio with room for a helm, small front deck with the roof partially covering to leave room to cast. Put it on a hull that will allow me to reach those same nearshore rigs on calm days. Stern drive and room to sleep 8.

A bay boat with moderate freeboard that can run through a good chop at best cruise and keep the draft as shallow as possible.

Something fun. Like a PWC style boat that uses the running gear from an old or damaged ski or a small outboard. Keep the beam narrow enough to load two on a side by side trailer.  How about a hull that you can engage the PWC into the transom to power it but has room to fish off of!

All opinions subject to change without notice. ;D

I used to be indecisive but now...I'm not so sure.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Wish list
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »

I tend, initially, towards boats useful in Alaska ...the next will likely be a small set of driftboats, then likely a couple of river boats.  I have a pirogue design that I used to sell and will likely give away for free ...but it's in hard copy format and needs to be converted to PDF drawings for download.  And then there's the book on wood-composite boat building that I need to finish ...Sigh.  Family, work, kids, the great outdoors, my own boat projects ...who has time to do all that they dream of?

Brian
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>